Your Privacy Rights
EFFECTIVE AS OF JUNE 1, 2014
Thank you for visiting the Gold Coast Toyota Dealers Advertising Association website. On behalf of our Association, our participating dealers, and Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc., we take our responsibility to protect your private information seriously. We are committed to safeguarding your personal information from any unnecessary disclosure.
- What personal information is being collected on this site;
- Who has access to your information;
- What options do you as the customer have about how/whether your data is collected and used;
- How is your personal information stored;
- How do we use your personal information;
- Non-personal information;
- Do Not Track signals; and
- Website Control.
What Personal Information Is Being Collected On This Site?
- Information provided by you to us. This information includes, but is not limited to, name, address, phone number and email address.
- Additional volunteered personal information when you submit comments or product inquiries or participate in promotions, sweepstakes, contests, games, special events, blogs, chats, social media, or surveys conducted by us through or in conjunction with this website.
- Other non-personal information we may obtain about you such as demographic information, browser type, device type, operating system, application versions, page served, time on line, preceding page views and your use of features on this website.
Who Has Access To Your Information?
Information provided by the customer on this website is used by the Gold Coast Toyota Dealers Advertising Association and its member dealers, as well as Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc. The information is fed directly into the Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.’s Enterprise Lead Management System (ELMS) and distributed to the appropriate/requested dealer(s).
We may disclose your personal information to parties and/or organizations when required by law. This may include a disclosure in connection with a subpoena or similar legal process, a fraud investigation, or an audit or examination by a third party retained by us or by a regulatory agency. We may disclose your personal information to companies that work with us to provide services or functions on our behalf, such as website providers, third party social media management providers, marketing companies, manufacturers, data processing companies, and other organizations such as nonprofit organizations that might provide educational, training or certification services to businesses such as ours. These companies act on our behalf and are required by law and by our policy to be contractually obligated to keep personal information provided to them confidential and to use it only to provide the specific service they are being asked to provide.
What Options Do You Have As To Whether Your Information Is Collected?
If you wish to change, update or remove your personal information, you may do so by contacting us in writing stating your wishes.
Customers are able to opt out of target advertising through Toyota Motor Services, U.S.A., Inc. by going to Section 6 of http://www.toyota.com/support/privacy.html#1 and following the instructions contained in said paragraph.
How Is Your Personal Information Stored?
If we collect your personal information for one of the purposes described herein, such information is stored in the Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.’s Enterprise Lead Management System (ELMS). Access to your personal information is limited to a need to know basis.
No data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you understand that any information you transfer to us is done at your own risk. We have, however, provided firewalls to discourage unauthorized access via the Internet.
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We use your personal information collected on this website for the following purposes:
- To contact you in response to an inquiry from you;
- To deliver services to you that you have requested;
- To market products and services we provide to you;
- To provide target advertising to you (see also Section 6 of http://www.toyota.com/support/privacy.html#1 for Toyota Motors Sales, U.S.A., Inc.’s discussion of its advertising);
- To provide information to the manufacturer;
- To provide new vehicle information alerts;
- To advise your of important safety information and data;
- To tailor content, advertisements and offers we display to you;
- To improve our website; and
- To communicate with you about changes in our policies.
We Collect Non-Personal Information.
We also collect non-personal information about your visit to our website. The website automatically recognizes and stores information about the type of browser you use, your IP address, your domain name and any referring sites. The technologies used on this website include cookies, mobile analytics software, and pixel tags. Cookies are data files placed on a device when it is used to visit a website. Cookies may also be used to associate you with social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter and, if you so choose, enable interaction between your activities on this website and your activities on social networking sites. Pixel tags are transparent graphic images, sometimes called web beacons or tracking beacons, placed on a web page or in an email, which indicates that a page or email has been viewed. A pixel tag may tell your browser to get content from another server.
We, or our agents, may put cookies or similar files on your device for security purposes, to facilitate site navigation, and to personalize your experience while visiting our site, such as by allowing us to select which advertisements or offers are most likely to appeal to you based on your interests, preferences, location, or demographic information.
The cookies or similar files will not expire unless you manually delete them through your browser or set your browser to reject them. If you do not accept the cookies, you may have difficulty navigating our website.
Browser-Based Do Not Track.
Some browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” (DNT) feature that, when turned on, signals to websites and online services that you do not want to be tracked. Currently, there is no accepted standard for responding to a DNT signal. As such, we do not respond to DNT signals on the website or on websites where we provide advertisements, consents, content or other services.
This website was developed by Organic, Inc. and is managed by the Gold Coast Toyota Dealers Advertising Association. Use of this website will direct customers to a dealership who is a member of the Gold Coast Toyota Dealers Advertising Association. The Gold Coast Toyota Dealers Advertising Association has no control, care or custody over the websites of its member dealers and is not responsible for the content of any such websites.