EFFECTIVE AS OF SEPTEMBER 23, 2023
(CONTINENTAL UNITED STATES ONLY)
Personal Information Sharing Practices for 2022
During 2022, Toyota shared Personal Information about our customers with specific other parties where the information was used for the recipient's own marketing purposes.
Toyota Connected Services Privacy Notice
Your vehicle may be equipped with Connected Services that electronically transmit vehicle-originated data (such as driving behavior data and vehicle health data) to Toyota. These Connected Services may use your vehicle-originated data to respond to vehicle emergencies, find destinations or activate remote services. This vehicle-originated data is subject to the Toyota Connected Services Privacy Notice rather than the Toyota Privacy Statement. Please visit the Toyota Connected Services Privacy Notice at https://www.toyota.com/privacyvts/ for additional information.
Privacy Statement- Summary
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
- We collect Personal Information that you provide, which may include your name, mailing address, email address, phone number, and certain demographic information. We may collect Personal Information about you from other parties, including our affiliates and dealers.
- We collect and store "usage information" about how you use our technology platforms (including, without limitation, our Toyota-owned and branded websites, web pages, interactive features, applications, and mobile applications that link to this Privacy Statement ("Platforms"), such as the name of your Internet service provider, the browser and type of machine you are using, the IP address and the Web site that referred you to us and the pages you visit to help manage and enhance the Platforms.
- We, and the advertising and other data companies we use, utilize cookies and Web beacons to manage the Platforms, tailor our communications with you, and personalize your experience on the Platforms.
Uses and Sharing
- We use Personal Information to provide you with services or information you request, such as new vehicle information alerts, promotions and mailed brochures.
- We also collect and use Personal Information when you request to participate in promotional activities such as sweepstakes, contests, games, special events, blogs and chats.
- We share Personal Information with our service providers and business partners to assist us in fulfilling your requests and providing features and services for the Platforms.
- We also share Personal Information with companies affiliated with Toyota and our authorized dealers and their holding companies, dealer advertising associations and distributors for their own use.
- We, Web publishers, and other Web sites on which we advertise may target advertisements for products and services in which you might be interested based on your visits to both the Platforms and other Web sites.
- Children's Privacy. Toyota does not seek information from children under the age of 13.
- Phishing Scams. Toyota will never ask you to update your Personal Information through email.
- Acceptance. By using the Platforms, you signify your acceptance of this Privacy Statement.
Your Choices and Access
- You have the right to have a copy of the Personal Information you provide to Toyota.
- You have the right to correct or update your Personal Information.
- You may instruct Toyota to remove you from our programs you have subscribed to by using the unsubscribe link provided in our email programs or by contacting us.
The Western Washington Toyota Dealers Advertising Association
4555 Lake Forest Drive, Suite 500
Cincinnati, OH 45242
To read our full Privacy Statement click here.